Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome


Welcome to Jaxson's blog.



I am mom and helping Jax out with his big idea. What started out as a way for Jax to learn the proper way of writing a letter, has turned into something that I am still trying to wrap my brain around. The kid is such a great kid and I am so honored that I am his mom.

Here is a glimpse of our brainstorming

Mom's ideas
* Teach the kids the proper way to correspond by mail.
* Learn about one another and where they are from.
* Broaden Jaxson's horizons and become excited about the world outside his own back yard.
* Give kudos to the postmen and women and celebrate what the USPS has given us over the years.

Jax's BIG ideas
* Make new friends all over the world.
* Together send cards to kids who are sick.
* Collect postcards and stamps.
* Together send letters of thanks to soldiers fighting the war for us.
* Get fun mail and share comics with other kids.
* Share the fun it is to get mail.
* Celebrate birthdays and holidays together by mail.

Soooo there's what we have. It's a process and I think I am going to let it happen as it happens. It's his thing and I am here to help organize and guide him as he needs me. He's so excited to finally get this going is actually trying to talk me into getting a Post Office Box just for him. Hmmm we shall see. ;o)

Thanks for joining us and I look forward to see what the amazing kids who join in do.

If you would like to join in on the fun, shoot us an email at putastamponit@mcpeeksmith.com
Tell us your child's name and age and address and we will add you to the mailing list!


4 comments:

  1. <3 this!! I wish my girls were old enough that they could write! but one of my babies will be starting this year so maybe by the end of this upcoming school year we can join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My babies are too little for this, but maybe your project will be a big success by the time they are big enough to join! I'll share your page with all the moms and kids I know, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing thing to do! It looks awesome and I can't wait to see the places you go with this :)

    ReplyDelete