Monday, August 16, 2010
Together mom and I will be designing my own stationary!! It's going to be cool. Be on the lookout for a post on it soon.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
I like these because I think they are funny and I like comics. Thank you Aunt Stephanie and Mom!
Thanks for the continued support. We sent out a handful of letters last week and are preparing to send out some more in the next few days. I was tickled when Jax got his first letter and TJ thank you for the kind words. We are very proud of this fella and I have no words for the inspiration he has given to you and others. He's an amazing guy and it's a true joy to be his mom and watch him grow.
"...your letters will bring a smile to someone's face, and keep a postal worker employed."
POWERFUL! And something we all can do.
And we are off..... to tackle the list of letters to send.
Jax & Mom
Monday, August 2, 2010
I am mom and helping Jax out with his big idea. What started out as a way for Jax to learn the proper way of writing a letter, has turned into something that I am still trying to wrap my brain around. The kid is such a great kid and I am so honored that I am his mom.
Here is a glimpse of our brainstorming
* Teach the kids the proper way to correspond by mail.
* Learn about one another and where they are from.
* Broaden Jaxson's horizons and become excited about the world outside his own back yard.
* Give kudos to the postmen and women and celebrate what the USPS has given us over the years.
Jax's BIG ideas
* Make new friends all over the world.
* Together send cards to kids who are sick.
* Collect postcards and stamps.
* Together send letters of thanks to soldiers fighting the war for us.
* Get fun mail and share comics with other kids.
* Share the fun it is to get mail.
* Celebrate birthdays and holidays together by mail.
Soooo there's what we have. It's a process and I think I am going to let it happen as it happens. It's his thing and I am here to help organize and guide him as he needs me. He's so excited to finally get this going is actually trying to talk me into getting a Post Office Box just for him. Hmmm we shall see. ;o)
Thanks for joining us and I look forward to see what the amazing kids who join in do.
If you would like to join in on the fun, shoot us an email at email@example.com
Tell us your child's name and age and address and we will add you to the mailing list!